Bookings are now made via our Meetup page, and paid for using PayPal.
This is our preferred booking method.
- First, read the Terms and Conditions. By proceding with your booking, you agree to these.
- On the Meetup page, find the trip that you wish to book. You can do this by browsing the list on the Welcome page, or - if you know the dates of the trip - by clicking the Calendar tab and locating the trip on the calendar.
- Click on the trip title (or on the calendar entry) to view the full details of the trip
- Read the details of the trip. If you have any queries, please contact the leader before continuing the booking process.
- At the right of the page, select "Yes" to say you will be attending, and if appliccable enter the number of guests (extra people you are bringing, not including yourself).
- Click the blue RSVP button.
- You will be presented with a page requesting your details.
- Have you cross-country skied before, or skied at all? If so, how much experience do you have?
- If you plan on driving, what route do you intend to take, and when you plan on leaving Melbourne? Also, if you are traveling with other people, who are they?
- Are there any sleeping arrangements or other special things we should know about? If you are a paid-up YHA member, what is your membership number?
- Please provide an emergency contact number of someone who will not be accompanying you.
- Are there any medical conditions we should be aware of, in the event of an accident?
- If you need to hire skis and boots, what is your height and weight (optional).
Enter details for these questions.
- If you are a current, fully-paid YHA member, please change the payment amount to the discounted amount, which you should find in the trip description or trip program. Bookings will not be valid until the correct amount has been paid.
- Click the Pay Now button. You should be presented with the payment page.
- If you don't have a PayPal account, you can create one on this page.
If you do have a PayPal account, simply sign-in to PayPal from this page.
- Check the payment amount is correct, then click Pay Now.
Note: Currently the PayPal payments are sent to the club secretary, Nicholas Farrell.
- You should receive a Transaction ID. Click Print Receipt to print the transaction details, or at least write down the Transaction ID.
- Click the "Return to MeetUp page" button.
If you have difficulty with this, or do not wish to use MeetUp or PayPal, please contact the trip leader via the Online Query Form.
- Bookings are accepted at the leader's discretion.
- Late bookings may not be accepted. It is recommended that you book well in advance, especially for
trips that require accommodation to be booked.
Cancellation / Refund Policy:
Updated 7 May 2010
If 60 days' notice of cancellation is given to the trip booking officer prior to the trip departure date, 90% of the booking fee will be refunded.
Between 45 and 60 days' notice, 50% of the fee will be refunded, or 90% if the position is filled by another participant.
Less than 45 days' notice, no refund, or 90% if the position is filled by another participant.
Non accommodated trips:
May be cancelled up to the date of departure, but will incur a $5.00 handling fee for refunds.
If the club cancels a trip (usually because of poor conditions or too few participants) your money
will be refunded in full, or may be put towards another trip of your choice.